Wednesday 5 August 2015

Who is the best music youngster of the streets: Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel, Lil Kesh or Reekado Banks


Who is music king of the streets: Korede Bello, Kiss Daniel, Lil Kesh or Reekado Banks

The success of an artiste is said to be measured according to the acceptance of his/her songs on the streets. This generation of music lovers most often than not, careless whether the songs have meanings or not, all they desire is a rhythm they can flow with and dance to. Dbanj, Psquare, Davido, Wizkid, Kcee, Iyanya and even Olamide among others have all paid their dues in his respect and are smugly sitting in the zenith of Nigeria’s music ladder. They have all won in the streets and have moved onto higher plane.
Right now the battle for the heart and soul of the streets, made up of predominantly teenagers and youths in their 20s, rests with Kiss Daniel, Korede Bello, Lil Kesh and Reakado Banks. This quartet have released singles that have electrified the streets and reach its heart. But who is the king?
Korede Bello : Like Iyanya, ladies love Korede Bello
Korede-Bello
 
Truth be told,one of the traits that stands Korede Bello out is his looks. Have you ever witnessed ladies reaction to any of Korede Bello’s performance? It is usually an emotional experience for them. Ladies respond to him the way they respond to  a man they are in love with.
Though Dorobucci launched him into the  music scene, he has exhibited that he has what it takes to thrive by releasing his own hit songs. The youngster whose dad bought him his first guitar,released an Afropop song titled African Princess in February 2014, which was a semi hit song.
But with Godwin, the Mavin’s boy blew the hearts of his fans away and built for himself an enviable place on the streets.
Social media influence
Recent reports shows that Godwin music video has one million views on YouTube in over 5 weeks of its release. As at the time of this report, Korede Bello has 79, 5000 followers on Twitter and 272,000 followers on Instagram.
 Reekado-Banks

Reekado-Banks
Reekado Banks: Reekado Banks’ work ethic
Forget the glamour,screaming fans and huge social media following, Reekado Banks’ tale of stardom wasn’t without a  dint of sacrifice. As an artiste, Reekado Banks has an astonishing work ethic. He once released three songs in three days! But Katapot or Chop am is arguably the stake that won the streets over.
Social media influence
The music video of Katapot has 235,886 views on Youtube (as at the time of this report).He calls his fans Reekaddicts and has 41, 700 followers on Twitter and 159,000 followers on Instagram as at the time of this report.)
 
 
Lil Kesh: Lil Kesh energetic performance style
lil kesh
Have you ever seen Lil Kesh peform? His performances are usually filled with an uninhibited flow of energy and creativity that makes him fans run wild with excitement. His unique version of  Shoki has continue to spread like wildfire,making other versions of Shoki a joke.
The Bariga born rapper broke into the industry with the song Lyrically which got the attention of his mentor and label boss,Olamide.
His uniqueness and social media influence
Lil Kesh uniqueness stems from the fact that his music and lyrics connects to the hearts of his fans. He releases songs that generates mainstream appeal.Lil Kesh has said that Shoki was inspired by the street. As at the time of this report,he has 10,000 followers on Instagram and 37.300 followers on Twitter. His massive hits songs Gbese and Shoki still thrill his fans whenever he performs them.
 
Kiss Daniel: The Woju magic
KISS-DANIEL-Woju-Remix-cove
No one can succinctly explain how Woju became a hit song,yet the song has gone on to become one of the biggest songs of  Daniel Anidugbe popularly known as Kiss Daniel.Though the song was released in September 2014,it generated much acceptance in 2015. Kiss serves a follow up to Woju titled Laye.
Social media influence
The music video of Woju remix currently has over 2 million views on Youtube. He has 71, 900 followers on Instagram and 69, 800 followers on Twitter, a social media following that might intimidate his contemporaries.    
But who is making more sense lyrically?
Here are the first stanzas from each of their hit singles.
Kiss Daniel’s Woju
Verse 1:
Nor be you I carry come
But na you I go carry go
Sisi Agbarigo eh ya
Yo wey
Nor be you I dey check on o
But na you I wanna know know know know know
Sisi Ferari o eh ya
Yo wey

Refrain:
Very sweet
Very nice
Baby tu di du di du
Odikwa tight (Odikwa tight)
Sho’ mo pe o sexy
Ma lo rogo ya lo ni
Otun mo pe o de wa pa
O wa fe ma buga si emi
Chorus:
Woju o
Le le le le le le le
Baby ko ya woju o
Le le le le le le
Ko ya woju o
Omo de yi le le le le le
Baby ko ya woju o
La la la la la la
Lil Kesh’s Shoki
Shoki-Lil Kesh featuring Davido and Olamide
oya show me shoki, shoki shoki
everybody shoki, shoki shoki
and the request say shoki, shoki shoki
everybody shoki, shoki shoki
oya show me shoki, shoki shoki
everybody shoki, shoki shoki
oya shoki, shoki shoki
shoki, shoki shoki


i am looking for that shawty
with the baddest shoki
when everybody they shoki
abi you still dey look for johnny
but if you get case for body
the town will go make you the shawty
david please don’t stop it
i wanna see you drop it now
for me now
on this ground
oya daun

ReeKado Bank’ Katapot
Chorus:
If dem like make dem fire katapot of envy
Dem throw us bomb of Jealousy
Dem stand dey eye our progress
See dem no fit put asunder
Ye, ye..
If dem like make dem fire katapot of envy
Dem throw us bomb of Jealousy
Dem stand dey eye our progress
See dey cannot stop our love oh
Verse 1:
See no be me fine pass
Oh my pretty baby girl
Still you stand by me

Event hough I make you vex
Oh why
Why you love me like this
Tell me why baby why I deserve this
Oh ah!
Baby baby ah?
Hmm hm hmm
Mo gbo pe kikan kikan
Ni o kan ju
My baby baby no dey kanju
Even when your friends dey ranju
As you dey good dem dey mon’ ju
You still respect my hustle
I count on you, u no dey boost my bubble
ehhhh
Girl, there will be no me
Without you by my side
How I want take survive
How I want live this life
Now only God fit decide
Na you dey boost my bololo dada(dada)
Yea ahh…

Korede Bello’s Godwin
I don get alert, Godwin
And I don pay my rent, Godwin
Them bin wan fall my hand, but Godwin
Them bin wan kill my joy, but Godwin
I say anything them do na Godwin
Na Godwin na Godwin oo
Anything I do na Godwin
Na Godwin na Godwin oo


I don change my name to Godwin
And omo I don buy motor, na Godwin
Them say my market no go sell, but Godwin
And them bin say I no go blow, but Godwin
My brother make them try their luck
My God go win
My God go win, my lord go win o
Anything them do na Godwin
Na Godwin na Godwin oo

No comments: