Monday 4 July 2016

THE LONELY ROAD

THE LONELY ROAD
There is so much comfort in staying with the crowd - following their dictates and falling in line with their creed. You are accepted by the group. You are safe. But the moment you step out of the group's boundary, you are on your own. Alone, without a 'valuable' support, you take your first faltering steps away from your comfort zone, into the unusual road to your destinies and relevance. It's a lonely road, filled with uncertainties and discomfort. But it is the only road there is that leads to true happiness and a life of impact. Only an inner strength can keep you passionate and enthusiastic on this road less traveled by men. Only a staying power beyond the ordinary can keep your eyes on the prize.
If you constantly avoid the lonely road, you will be insulated from the shame that comes with staying 'against' the crowd. But you will also neither possess the joy of living your dream nor the glory of a major accomplishment.
Are you on the lonely road?

CAN IT BE TRUE?
Can it be true that I am not a creation of my environment? That I am not constrained to operate within the boundaries of my circumstances? That, indeed, I can become anything far above the limitations imposed by my society?
Now, someone has to help me before I lose my mind. Can it be true that the environment is at an attention, waiting for me to issue it a command? And that it is only when I do nothing that the environment assumes leadership and begins to assert itself?
Can it be true that I am much more than I am tempted to think that I am? That my experiences and those of others do not and should not define me? That, indeed, I am a divine being, created in God's image and programmed to "be fruitful, multiply..and exercise dominion" over the environment?
Can it be true?

No comments: