Friday 6 July 2018

I Choose To Hope

Abiodun Fijabi:

I Choose To Hope

I am an incurable optimist. I often see from the eyeglaasess of hope; for hope keeps me alive.

So, against all odds, I choose to see an end to the killings on the Plateau and in other parts of the North of Nigeria. I see our President prove the naysayers wrong that he indeed is the problem and not the solution. I see the security chiefs rise above ethnic and religious interests to do the job they are paid to do.

I see peaceful and sensible elections in 2019. I see a nation of laws and not a nation of special interests. I see us get it right in the provision of critical infrastructure. I see political power devolve more to the states and the regions. I see a political class that is visionary, competent and humane. I see electorates that are savvy and discretional. I see a Church that is truly light and salt; and a beacon of hope.

I see... Wait a minute; it's July 5 again! Then, I see you and I trump all our challenges and turn our adverse situations into adventures of hope. I see us live intentionally and triumphantly. I see us choose hope.

No comments: