Tuesday 20 September 2016

I Shall Not Be Afraid

Recession sneaks in like a thief in the night. The currency takes a tumble. Employers rationalize staff. Banks battle against high loan default rate. Debtors go into hiding, as creditors become desperate. Marital disputes become frequent, increasing home dysfunctionality rate. Corner-cutting takes on a new dimension, as men throw their cherished values overboard. Individuals cringe and tremble - at a loss as to how to react and stay afloat.
But I refuse to join the fray because I can hear Him behind me, saying: "They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.” Psalms‬ ‭37:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Rising up in confidence, I dare to venture. I dare to think creatively. I dare to stick to my values. Then His light shines through. I strike ideas that keep me on the winning edge and make recession a blessing in disguise. Then, I see recession down on its knees, cringing. It is its turn to be afraid. Abiodun Fijabi

No comments: